10/11/05

---> Dying Here! <---
says the power supply...

I've got two computers that are suffering from power supply issues in my dorm room... Experiment8 can't start up without a little bit of a charge.

Status of Experiment8's PS:
200-220 W
Unknown age.
First sign of trouble: Three Months Ago: wouldn't power on for an hour.


I'm probably going to have to replace it to get it going again.

Miki is also showing PS troubles... That's why I bought Suzi (with the 400 W supply) anyway. Miki suddenly made a horrible grinding sound that I couldn't figure out where it was coming from, so I shut it down for the rest of the day and started researching components for a new computer, that would later be named Suzi.

Status of Miki's PS:
250 W
Came with Case back in late 2001.
First sign of trouble: Two Months Ago - grinding sound coming from PS


Update @ 21:45
I just got off NewEgg, where I ordered a new PS for Experiment8... A 300 watt APEX AL-A300 (for $20 + $6.99 shipping). It's got 4 molex, 1 SATA, 1 +12 (20 or 24 pin capacity) and 1 4-pin connectors. It should be compatible with Ex8 (my AMD machine).

If this supply is good enough, I'll also be adding the same thing into my P4 box... I'll just order the same thing from NewEgg again. If (however) the supply for some reason doesn't work in Ex8 (ie: Ex8 is going bad itself, or the PSU isn't compatible with the motherboard) I'll attempt to use the APEX in Miki.
/Update

No comments: