10/18/05

A Bit Belated...
but I found out today that SUSE released 10.0 official on October 6. I'm downloading it now and I plan on testing it out on Experiment8 here soon. I decided to download it in my Linux box, and working with wget is a bit different... I spent a good deal of time reading up the man page for it, but I finally got the command set the way I wanted it... First, the URLs that I needed for download: I put them into a text file, each one on a separate line. This was more of an assumption than knowledge obtained from the man file. Second, I chose the following command:
wget -i /home/jake/SUSE_10_OSS/iso_urls -w 300 -P /home/jake/SUSE_10_OSS/iso (all on one line)
  • the "-i" is to load up a file that contails the URLs (one on each line) that I want to download.
  • the "-w" is the wait period, in seconds. 300 = 5 minutes
  • -P is the path to download the files to.
Either way, getting the SUSE 10 full release is going to be quite interesting. I intend on doing an upgrade and testing that out and then doing a full wipe and install to see how the operating system does in each situation... Doing an upgrade is convenient because there would be less backups to be made, but it really can cause the OS to have some serious operating troubles... So, I usually prefer the wipe and install.

No comments: