3/12/09

Good Things Come in Small Packages

But serious innovation comes in the smallest designs.

I just got the announcement today that Apple has released a new iPod. My first response: *Yawn* I didn't even look at the email. Apple keeps releasing new iPods. The newest Nano was pretty decent, but nothing major changed. Just got rid of the fat shape and replaced it with a sleek and skinny version. The iPod Classic hasn't changed in ages and there's never any big innovation on the Shuffle, since it is a pretty bland device... No screen? What can be done on a device without a screen?

Apparently, a whole lot. This new iPod (shown above, with its immediate predecessor) looks awesome. Smaller than ever before, and even though the old shuffle wasn't really thought of as bulky or fat, it wasn't really thought of as stylish. The new guy is the definition of sleek and stylish. It's got an awesome 10 hour batter (according to Apple) and uses "VoiceOver" a new technology from Apple that will read out song/album titles and with this feature, the new Shuffle now supports playlists... The first Shuffle to support playlists!

I plan to be visiting the Apple store within a week to check this guy out. My own Nano (first generation) is really showing its age, but I've loved the Nano style so much, I was really leaning toward a new Color Chrome Nano, but perhaps a Shuffle is in my future instead.

Visit: iPod Shuffle

No comments: