1/4/08

About This Mac

Well, I cannot emphasize how disappointed I am in Apple right now.

The new iMac that my parents just got, it did not come with Leopard.

Leopard is in the box, but it's not on the computer. Blue swirly background. Old dock. About This Mac: "Mac OS X Version 10.4.11."

I'm really annoyed by this. I may have to make a special two-hour drive south tomorrow to go fix it. In the mean time, I just might call Apple about this.

One heck of a way to start the new year.

Update: I am making a special trip home tomorrow to upgrade the iMac. I just cannot believe how stupid it is for Apple to sell an iMac (ordered on December 23, nearly two months after the original release of Leopard on October 26). I am utterly dumbfounded. Is this the way all new Macs are shipping? If so, why?!? If not, then why is my parents computer configured the way it is?? And no, it's not like it was a "pre-boxed special" or anything, it was a modified order placed at store.apple.com.

No comments: