10/25/07

A Public Letter

Today I want to take a minute to write a letter to someone. This person has been posting items about CyberMedics and me on the community forms where I live, posts that I believe are not true.

Dear Poster,

If your intention was to hurt someone's feelings, you should know you have. Your posts on the forms have really hit a key with me and will be taken to heart. I am sorry that your experiences with Don, Joel, and myself have given you cause to be so angered with us; to the point where you don't feel comfortable talking with us anymore.

I respect your rights to post about your experiences at CyberMedics. I can only ask that you post only the truth.

Respectfully,

Daniel,
CyberMedics Computers,
Departments of PC Repair, On Site Support, and Accounting
117 E. Main St.
Owosso, MI 48867
989.729.2667 x115
dan [at] saycomputer [dotcom]


However, if these posts were from a customer, I feel that I must also write a response:

Dear Poster,

I am sorry that you feel that my service to you was less than what you expected. Policy at CyberMedics is to make ethical and logical decisions on the repair process of every computer and to keep the customer informed to the highest level of detail regarding the repair process. If I have failed you in any of these aspects I express my apologies.

As an IT professional it is not only unethical, but could also jeopardize my career if I install the wrong operating system on a computer. That being said, we are required to install the operating system listed on the product code on the side of your computer if we cannot repair the operating system on your system. If I did not make this clear, I take full responsibility for the situation.

Information is the most critical part of any computer system. In your post, you stated that a back up that you paid for was not performed and your information was lost. This is a most serious issue for a PC repair technician. I can only ask that you please stop by CyberMedics, preferably with your receipt or work order, and I will offer a full refund for your data back up and I will personally speak with the owners of the shop to see if I can offer you a full refund for all labour performed on your system.

If you do have any questions or would like to speak with me in person, please feel free to contact me in person at CyberMedics, 117 E. Main St., Owosso, Mi, 48867 or on the phone at 989.729.2667 x115. I am frequently out on service calls, but if you leave me a message, I'll return your call within two business days.

Once again, I offer my apology for any inconvenience you have had.

Daniel,
CyberMedics Computers,
Departments of PC Repair, On Site Support, and Accounting
117 E. Main St.
Owosso, MI 48867
989.729.2667 x115
dan [at] saycomputer [dotcom]

No comments: