8/24/07

Keynote: The Presentation



The presentation went well... I would have been happier with questions during the presentation or at least a little less yawning! Seriously. I suppose I understand, I used to yawn all the time during my MCSE classes with Tim Brock, even though I would be really interested in the class... Just too tired not to yawn, especially when the lights are dimmed and one has to listen to someone talk for half an hour straight!

After the presentation, we had a "hands-on" session, with three broken down old Dell Optiplex systems (PII processors, 2.0 GB HDDs, etc.) -- easy to open, no worries if they break afterward.

The only part that was truly difficult for me to deal with was how so many of the students would try to talk over one another, and it was really difficult for me to deal with two or even three students trying to ask me questions at the same time. Over-lapping voices like that yields one confused guest speaker. I suppose I should have been prepared for that, seeing as how I was speaking to a group of high school freshmen on their second day of class and not a group of college seniors on their way into their professional careers.

I thought about putting up the presentation here on IndigoJake, but there really isn't much of a reason for it... Just a bunch of pictures of the innards of an eMachine... I still hate putting text into presentations, much preferring to just use photos and sort of wing-it.

No comments: