9/29/05

Linux Mount Points!
One of my biggest issues in SUSE 9.3 (on Suzi) has been the mounts... my "media:/" doesn't autodetect my DVDRW drive, so I have to work around it and mount discs using the mount command.

Suzi-LNX:/ # mount /dev/sr0 /media/cd/
mount: block device /dev/sr0 is write-protected, mounting read-only


I don't have a problem with that, but I do find it trouble some with ejecting
--Eject button status: unable to eject
Suzi-LNX:/ # umount /media/cd
--Eject button status: CD can now eject
Suzi-LNX:/media # eject
eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Suzi-LNX:/media # umount /media/cd/
Suzi-LNX:/media # eject
eject: unable to eject, last error: Inappropriate ioctl for device


Also, I spent a while searching through Apt-Get for the equivalent of "daemon tools" or "alcohol 120%" ISO mounting tools... After finding nothing in apt-get, I found this command when I was googling for ""mount cd image" +SUSE":

mount -o loop -t iso9660 [path_of_iso_image] [mount_point]

-- oh, I so love this command.

No comments: