9/1/08

NewEgg's DVD store no more?

I was looking up prices on "China's First Emperor" that aired on the History Channel, it's around $35 USD + Shipping and Handing from History.com [.link]

I was hoping that I'd be able to find a better price, and not seeing the DVD listed at Amazon.com, I decided to proceed to the NewEgg DVD store - I didn't think that I'd be able to find it there, but if I did, I figured it would be at a better price.

But when I loaded up NewEgg.com, I could not find any references to the DVD store. I even did a NewEgg.com search for "Movies" and "DVD" -- nothing turned up but blank media, DVD burners, etc. So, in a last ditch effort, I did a google search for "NewEgg DVD store" which found the NewEgg DVD store [.link].

The page looked oddly blank, but it did not display an error or reference the store being closed - it is even titled as having "Blu-Ray DVD & HD DVD" movies, making me believe that it had to have recently been accessible. So I ran a search for "China's first emperor" - which returned no results. Searching for "Anime" also returned no results, and searching for "DVD" returned the same results that searching for "DVD" at the NewEgg main page did.

I can only conclude that the DVD store is gone. :( I always found good prices at the NewEgg DVD store, but I never got the change to order anything from there, I hardly ever order DVDs (I prefer to buy them at a local FYE). I guess it'll be back to FYE and Amazon's DVD store for me.

No comments: