11/1/06

Apple-Apple-Apple

I finally got that Apple rejection letter today. I immediately checked Apple.com/Promo, and found that they have started processing my claim again. ~sigh... Another waiting game to see if I get it this second time around or not.

Apple also has recently upgraded their processors in the MacBook Pro series to the Core 2 Duo... Faster, but also much more expensive than my ol' MacBook with the classic “Core Duo” processor. I'm still flabbergasted by the sheer speed of my MacBook, I cannot imagine anything that would be faster than it is right now. I'd love to see the new MacBook Pro, as well as what's just over the horizon for CPUs and the computer industry.



I do have a few complaints about the MacBook, most of it is structural design however... The processor is speedy and seems to stay quite cool, the “mag lock” charger and LCD latch are delightful, and I'm getting quite used to the software and how things work on the Mac. It's power management is second to none, the graceful OS is like dancing when I'm operating the system.

However, everything is not wonderful in wonderland... There is still much room for improvement... some of the issues I'm having are that the iSight is placed right where I would usually put my thumb when opening the LCD. Each time I open it, I'm worried that I'll damage the camera. Also, the bezel of the laptop, albeit beautiful, is quick to get dirty and scratched. The more you use or move the laptop, the worse off it gets. The touch-pad's mouse button also has some issues, it's a little difficult to click sometimes, others it's just really loud – that is at least when you don't press right down on the center of the button. And worst of all is FRONTROW!!! I love the concept of it, but it tends to crash on occasion, as well as it seems to be rather slow when accessing the harddrive. I also haven't figured out how to make it play a “playlist” of video files, and worst of all, I have yet to figure out how to start the application without using the Apple Remote. Grrr.

No comments: