11/9/05

indigo@Suzi-lnx:~> sudo modprobe dazuko

We trust you have received the usual lecture from the local System Administrator. It usually boils down to these three things:

#1) Respect the privacy of others.
#2) Think before you type.
#3) With great power comes great responsibility.

Password:
From SUSE Linux 9.3

Isn't that just the greatest message to have displayed? I mean, having a little warning like that really does get you to think, I'm really going to be using root privileges here for just a minute, and I could really screw this computer up if I'm not careful.

The reason I was running modprobe dazuko, was because I've been trying to get KlamAV's (part of Clam AntiVirus) to work... Ever since I heard about a new linux worm going around, I thought that I'd make sure that my firewall (SUSE Firewall2) and AntiVirus (Klam) was up to date and running to perfection... Well, Klam wasn't autoscanning files, because dazuko wasn't loaded into the kernel... And for some reason, I just can't get it to load in there! Grrr.

Side Note: Sorry about not posting for the past week... Classes have been going from midterm to midterm and now I'm rushing into a project that I have to have done by next Thursday (that gives me 8 days to write 15 pages) so I'm likely to be absent again ._. Sorry!

No comments: